L & D Safety Marking Corporation
We are always looking for individuals to join our team; apply today!
LD Safety Marking Corp. is looking to fill the role of Contract Administrator / HR Administrator for our fast-paced New England Based organization. LD Safety Marking was founded in 1985 and has grown to be New England’s Premier Pavement Marking and Rumble Strip installation company. LD Safety Marking is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to creating an inclusive culture where employees from diverse backgrounds can thrive and support our mission. We take pride in creating and maintaining a positive, fun, employee-oriented work atmosphere and are looking to add someone to this key role. The primary duties of this role will include but are not limited to:
- Contract Review and Administration
- Jobsite insurance request fulfillment and documentation
- DMV/Registrations, Renewals, Etc.
- Manage and maintain confidential correspondence and employee files
- Prepare forms and reviews documentation for conformance with internal and external policies and procedures
- Utilizes various computer software (Microsoft Office) as well as online portals for document submission
- Create and maintain databases and other misc. programs utilizing Google, Excel, and other online portals as necessary
- Administer employee benefits, including health insurance, disability insurance, COBRA, PTO and vacation.
- Assist with creation and implementation of employee benefit education plan and assist employees with benefit related questions.
- Responsible for full-cycle recruitment as needed.
- Assist management regarding employee performance management as it relates to discipline, FMCSA regulation adherence, DOT physical and pre-employ drug screen management and documentation
- Ensure follow-through on decided upon direction and appropriate documentation for personnel files.
- Set up and maintain personnel and employee related files; archive as needed.
- Initiate and maintain records for internal employee changes (address, compensation, status, department, job, etc.); coordinate with payroll as needed.
- Facilitate employee termination process; perform employee exit interviews and relay pertinent information to appropriate personnel.
- Develop and recommend HRIS software, implement and maintain software used to streamline the onboarding process. Provide HRIS Software training for employees and managers.
- Shared responsibility for driving corporate compliance with personnel “HR” law; consistent with policies and culture of the organization.
- Research options and mandates to enable proper implementation of personnel procedures.
- Update affirmative action plan yearly in compliance with Federal and State standards.
- EEO/AA officer
- Assist Safety Officer with orientation and onboarding
- Assist with safety checks on crews on the road to ensure compliance of safety standards and regulations
- Perform other duties as necessary
- Research and update management on HR laws and regulations, as well as organizing and maintaining employee files and records
Ideal candidate would be:
- Technology proficient – excellent typing and computer skills
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills
- Courteous and professional tone of voice
- Positive and energetic
- Able to Demonstrate ability to handle confidential or sensitive matters
- Able to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Able to manage deadlines
- Able to follow-through on all assigned duties
- Able to discuss sensitive matters with employees in a professional and courteous manner
- High School diploma or equivalent, college degree a plus
- 3-4 years of administrative/office experience
- Experience in HR or Contract Administration preferred
- Certification in HR or the willingness to obtain certification a plus
We offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Paid Holidays
- PTO (Personal Time)
- Paid Vacation
- Profit Sharing
- Medical Insurance
- Positive employee-experience company culture
**This position is in-person at our location in Barre Town, Vermont. Not a remote opportunity**